Causes And Risk Factors For Heart Disease
Congestive heart failure is one of the leading causes of death in the world and unless you ensure that you minimize the risk factors that bring on this problem, you could be at risk too. It is so important to try and prevent coronary disease by following a healthy lifestyle and letting your doctor guide you about how best to go about this.
Heart Attacks Happen
The arteries or the plumbing in your body through which the blood is carried to every part of your body, needs to be clear so that the oxygen-rich blood can flow and nourish every part. However, when the arteries get clogged due to sticky blood or plaque, they tend to get narrow and there could be the danger of blood clots blocking these narrow openings and causing angina or even a heart attack. This condition which is called atherosclerosis is the reason for most coronary heart disease problems. This can be prevented by following a healthy lifestyle and eliminating the risk factors that lead to this problem.
Most Common Risk Factors
There are certain risk factors that make you prone to coronary diseases and by ensuring that you take them out of your life, you could prevent or minimize the possibility of attacks.
• Cigarettes: Smoking is one of the main culprits and nicotine not only thickens the blood and makes it sticky, it also deprives it of oxygen. When the blood gets thicker, it moves more sluggishly and it can cause plaque and blockages.
• Cholesterol and BP levels: If your ‘bad’ cholesterol or LDL levels are high or if your Blood Pressure is over the normal levels, you could run the risk of coronary problems so it would be wise to keep these under control with healthy eating, exercise and medication.
• Obesity and Lack of Exercise: Both factors run the risk of pressure on the heart and you need to change your lifestyle habits, factor in regular exercise and make an effort to lose weight.
• History of Heart Disease: If you are genetically prone to coronary disease, all the more reason to ensure that you take preventive action and do everything you can to follow a healthy lifestyle and prevent getting a heart attack.
• Diabetes: If you are a diabetic, make sure you keep your sugar levels under control and exercise regularly so you ease the pressure on your heart.
• Depression: This needs to be treated because it is one of the risk factors of heart disease.
Baca Juga artikel Keluaran hk hari ini