Burn-in happens when a non moving image is kept on the screen for long periods of time. Logo’s like those for the major networks, browser frames, and icons from your computer were the main culprits. Burn-in, or image retention, comes from pixels that have prematurely old phosphors that are not as bright as their neighboring pixels. Burn in as it relates to channel surfing should be a non issue, however there could be some problems due to inherent power demands as the new channel is locked on.
read also our togel hongkong atricle right here.
- The reason: damaged pixels develop a “memory” of information constantly refreshed to it, which does not allow the pixel to change state.
- This static image becomes etched on the plasma screen, which is seen as an ethereal ghost image that is there no matter what is being broadcast.
- Burn-in was a major problem with older plasma screen televisions, which is why LCD flat panels which did not have this problem became so popular.
Burn-in isn’t much of a problem with current plasma models as a result of technology named pixel shifting. Pixel shifting subtly shifts pixels in a static display allowing the pixels to change state on and off which keeps the phosphors bright and equal in intensity. This occurs faster than the eye can decode which at a slower speed would be very distracting and most likely be a source of headaches.
LCD’S 40-inch and bigger, in particular 1080p, are regularly 25 percent less than similarly sized plasma’s. LCD flat panel tvs, are capturing a large market share, capitalizing on concerns stemming from lack of current information regarding the steps that have been taken to address the issue of plasma burn in. Often, lack of knowledge keeps people from purchasing a plasma big screen tv.
LCD flat panels are typically less expensive than plasma, depending on the manufacturer.
- LCD screens come in 16:9 aspect ratio (what you see at the movies) and in a 4:3 ratio (like normal tv).
- On the negative side, LCD flat panels tend to be stricter than plasma when you watch them at large angles, (most newer flat panels have negated that gap).
- In the past plasma sets typically had richer blacks and have superior contrast. This isn’t the case anymore.
- With the introduction of led LCDs in sizes under 60 inches LCD LED TV will most likely spell the end of plasma purchases in those sizes.
Baca Juga artikel Keluaran hk hari ini